Do you want Parking Enforcement Training to raise your team’s standards?
Private and public parking enforcement operations will benefit from our training.
Parking Enforcement Training has become an industry standard as professionalism has grown. Ten years or more ago parking training of any kind was rare and unstructured and parking qualifications did not exist. City and Guilds produced the first specialist parking qualifications in 2004 with Level 2 Enforcement and Level 3 Notice Processing pathways. The Guidance Notes to the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA 2004) provided an incentive to the public parking sector by recommending that Local Authorities should ensure that their parking staff gained the appropriate City and Guilds qualifications for their Civil Enforcement Officers (CEOs) and Notice Processors.
We are finding that the private parking sector is increasingly utilising the City and Guilds qualifications, and, especially, the Parking Enforcement Training. This interest in ensuring their staff have appropriate qualifications reflects the continuing move in the private parking industry to improve efficiency and professionalism and provide a benchmark of standard qualifications.
Since the beginning of 2014 City and Guilds and Alpha Parking have been in partnership to develop and deliver the City and Guilds parking qualifications for all parts of the parking industry. We have updated the Parking Enforcement Training and Notice Processing pathways and have extended the qualifications to provide training for Scotland. In addition, we have developed further parking specialist City and Guilds qualifications such as the Parking Customer Service module.
One of the most interesting developments has been our introduction of City and Guilds qualifications for Scotland. These City and Guild qualifications reflect the specific requirements of the Scottish parking legislation. This has proved very popular and increasing numbers of Scottish Parking Attendants (PAs) have gained the City and Guilds qualifications. The Welsh parking industry had fewer differences with the English situation but we adapt our training to meet the Welsh Assembly requirements.
Our training is provided on site throughout the UK.
How can we help?
We can provide the following parking enforcement training:
- City and Guilds Level 2 specialist parking enforcement qualification. This has two modules which are both assessed by multi-choice examination. One module has to be taken and relates to Conflict Management. The second module is optional and depends on the area of parking technical skills which is appropriate for the delegates. For example; Local Authority enforcement officers will take the module on “Roles and Responsibilities of the CEO (in England and Wales) or PA (in Scotland)”, Private Parking Enforcement officers will take the “Private Parking” module and CCTV officers will be taking the “CCTV Enforcement” module.
- City and Guilds Parking Customer Service Level 2.
- Enforcement Refresher Courses
- City and Guilds Parking Supervisor and Team Leader
- Bespoke training to meet your requirements
The qualifications are relevant for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
We can assist for you to develop training plans for on-going staff development and can offer other parking specific qualifications; for instance City and Guilds Parking Customer Service Level 2.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7242 2567